Sunday, December 22, 2013

Letter home, a week before Christmas. :)

Hey everyone!
Thank you so much for the emails, letters, and packages. I have loved every single one of them and they are so fun to read (: I miss you guys so much, but I'm not homesick. I'm loving every minute here and this is where I want to be! So don't worry about writing too much or anything, I'm doing great in that aspect (:
Sorry I didn't write this past Monday! We had a mission conference, where the whole mission got together, so we didn't have a P day this week. Pres Toone said we could email our parents another day though, so here I am.
Things here have changed so much! Pres Toone decided to transfer me. The past 5 days I've been going on exchanges with a Spanish speaking sister, which was so fun!! Oh man, I LOVE the Spanish wards and people! I hardly understood anything that went on, but the food was delicious, the people so friendly and warm, and I got to help teach some families.  H. had me bear my testimony in English and she would translate it into Spanish, and the Spirit was so strong (: We found one family who we think is going to get baptized, their so prepared!! Before we taught the Apostasy we asked her why she thought there were so many churches on the earth, and she said "Because people relied on human wisdom instead of God's". Haha, we were so surprised! Exactly!! She had us teach her son too, which was so powerful. I'm so excited for that family (: You meet the funniest people too. I have stories haha, I'll write them in letters next Pday.
The mission conference was INCREDIBLE. I love Pres and Sis Toone and all the missionaries!! The Spirit was soo strong, and I also felt so close to Christ. It was incredible. We played lots of games too, and had a talent show, and one zone made a 7 ft tall pinata of Pres Toone hahaha, it was hilarious.
My old zone and district were so amazing!! I loved Mesa. Such an awesome area, and the elders and sisters there are fantastic. I miss them a ton! However, Tues morning we got to go through the temple as a whole mission, which was incredbileeee.... gosh. "One of the highlights of my mission so far. I felt so close to Heavenly Father. But after that I was transferred. (Pres & Sis Toone decided to transfer me, and some others had to be too because of different situations) into the Maricopa Zone!! So I'm in Maricopa, AZ now (: My new companion is so fun! She's from Mexico, and she's spanish speaking too, but we're serving in an English ward.
It was so crazy, we're living 20 min away from our area for a week and then moving into a members home. But we got to the apt last night we're supposed to be staying at, and we found out the elders actually live there.... the sisters just moved out haha. So their trying to find out where we're supposed to be living still. It's crazy! But we met the Bishop last night, and he already has a ton of work for us to do, so we're going to stay really busy.
It's so exciting! It's a legit desert here, just fields of tumbleweed and cactuses and mountains... the sunsets are incredible.
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT D. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I read that he's getting baptized, and I literally squealed! I am so happy!!! That is so fantastic! Man. You'll have to send me a ton of pictures!!! He wrote me a letter a while ago and I wrote him back, hopefully he'll write back soon. That is so exciting.
Well, thanks so much for your emails. It sounds like the snow was crazy!!! And I got the package, I'll wait till Christmas to open it (: We get to call home Christmas, so I don't know if you want to Skype or call? What time is good for you guys? I'm not sure when we'll be able to yet, but I'll let you guys know next P day. I'll probably get 20 min to talk with you, and 20 min for the other parents.
Love you all so much!! Thanks for your prayers and support. Can't wait to hear from you again (:

love,
Sister Whitney Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment