Thursday, April 30, 2015

4-27-2015

Dear Family,

Thanks for the emails and pictures! I love getting them every week - always lots of cute lambs, and my awesome family :D I am definitely looking forward to wearing pants when I get home! As well as going to Mt Vernon, the beach, and going jogging! I've gotten pretty out of shape on my mission, sadly.... We have 30 min to exercise every morning, but by the time you pray, use the loo, and throw on workout clothes, it's usually more like 20. So, needless to say, I can barely run a mile and a half now haha. I'm really looking forward to getting back in shape when I go home. :) I would love to go running with you - it's okay if you go ahead of me and everything haha because I'll be slow, but that will help me be motivated to do it every day!

I'm happy to hear Brittany came over! I'm looking forward to shopping with her! If there's an ikea nearby, they usually have super cute furniture for a great deal too. Maybe we can look at Pinterest and find some cute renovating furniture ideas :)

I am so excited to study photography in DC. :) It will be so incredible! I hope dad can set up that appointment soon! Maybe he can explain the situation to them, so either he can do it for me, or we can schedule it asap when I get home. Sometimes it can be hard to get into the right classes because enrolling can be crazy - some students have stayed up till midnight so they can enroll right away because the classes can get filled up quickly... So it would be good to do asap :)

Well I have some great news - I'm staying in Maryvale!!! With Sister W!!! :) :) WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Haha, I am sooo happy! I couldn't have asked for a better ending - or a better push off for my next beginning. They made a lot of really cool changes in our zone! So in Phoenix, there used to be two zones of missionaries, with about 20 missionaries each - Phoenix, and Phoenix south zones. They both were mostly Spanish speaking but a little bit of English. Well, this transfer, they took away those zones and replaced them with a Spanish zone and an English zone, that covers all of Phoenix that's in our mission. Obviously I'm in the English one, in the Spanish one they do all of their planning and meetings and eveything in Spanish which is super cool. But the awesome part is that now my old area in south Phoenix is in our zone!!! So I'm in the same zone as the south mountain ward and vineyard ward again :) another funny thing is that 3 of my former companions are in our zone - sisters A, W, and S! Haha, and some elders that we became great friends with as well! I'm so excited, it's going to be an amazing transfer!

We had so many miracles this week. It was a little bit of a hard week, with stress and the changes - even though they were good changes, change is always a little stressful. But the miracles far exceeded the hard moments. :) One of the miracles is still R. He is incredible! We taught him the word of wisdom this week. He still asks us for the lessons beforehand. So we got there, and he basically taught us the word of wisdom. He told us that he used to drink tea every morning, but after he studied it he stopped. He started living it before we even committed him, or even taught him! He is almost doing everything on his own, we are literally just his guides guiding him through his studies and his journey. It's been so incredible to hear his testimony and see the change in him. He told the elders that before we knocked, he had prayed that someone would come into his life to help him find the truth. He sees us coming and teaching him as his answer. He said that God is compelling him to move forward, and he described to us how he feels he Spirit so strongly, and that's how he knows it's right. It's so incredible! He's the most prepared person I've ever taught. Bishop T also talked with him about the priesthood, and I wish you could have heard R! He said he felt so honored hat he would be able to hold the priesthood someday, and that that was one of the things he was most excited for. I could just see in his face how sincere and humble he was, and I know that he will be a man who truly honors and appreciates the priesthood. It was incredible to see. We are so excited for him! :)

We had the best night last night! So first of all we weren't in by less active members we had never met before. We knocked on a door, and a man answered, and at first j was scared! I didn't recognize the name, but when I saw him I realized he was a man we almost started teaching last year, but then he and his wife said they don't like sisters, only elders. So I was nervous to talk with him. But then he started telling us about the trials he's been going through, and he said he had prayed that someone from the church would come, and he just had a feeling that somebody would. And then we showed up. We had a powerful lesson with him, and it really helped him and strengthened his testimony during this hard time. It was incredible! 

The next miracle was teaching A and J. Their such a cool couple! They have a sad story - A is a returned missionary who was left after his mission. He and J, his wife, want to come back. She's not a member, and she wants to learn more and be baptized. She's had mormon friends all her life, and she wants her kids to grow up in the gospel, and she wants to gain a more personal relationship with Christ. We taught them the restoration last night and it was sooooo awesome :) They are such a cool young couple! We are working with bishop in helping them, and she'll probably be baptized within the next month! She wants to be :) Yay!!! So that is super exciting!!!!

Other then that, it's just been an awesome week. We had transfers, that's always crazy, but we're both so happy to be staying. 

Our address is....
xxx

If you want to send letters, I would love to hear from you! :)

Sorry this emails a little shorter today - we have a ton going on, and my brain is a little tired and scattered haha. But we are doing great, I am so happy, and we are being so blessed. This is going to be the best transfer ever :) 

On my parting note, I'll leave ya with something funny. So sister wr and I have both started keeping a little quote book, because people say the funniest things! So here are some from this week.

Here are some funny quotes from this week...
"Church ball: the only fight that begins and ends with a prayer." - Sister K, an awesome member in our ward.

"Elder, things are looking a little...... Shady." (Swipes off sunglasses) - Elder C

In gospel principles, there is a lady in our ward who is the cutest little old lady ever - she's like a Hollywood diva from the 40s. They were teaching the class, and the teacher said " a man is given a wife for what reason?" N, the cute old lady, responded "to survive" and then laughed hahaha.

"We are going to listen to a message from a man called elder holland. Others refer to him as Jeffrey, namely the Lord." - elder t our zone leader in a training he gave.

Driving by a park in Phoenix, sister w exclaimed "I mean, look at that! It's like an apocalypse of pigeons!"

And we were teaching L, the cutest lady- my recent convert from south phx who moved into this ward a month or so before I got here. C, her fiancĂ©, was telling her about temples. He said "they have them all over the world! Germany, Australia, Japan... The one in Japan is tiny though." 

To which L replied, "that's because the people are so cute and tiny there!" Haha, she didn't mean anything about it, she just said it in this cute way! It was cute :)


Well, love you guys! Sorry this email is so scattered. I hope you have an awesome week! :) love you!

Love,

Sister Whitney Morris 

No comments:

Post a Comment