Monday, March 17, 2014

Letter home week of March 17th, 2014

 
 

Dear Family,
 
Wow, that sounds like an awesome week! I can't believe it's still snowing so much, that is crazy. Those talks in stake conference sounded incredible. (: I love listening to the apostles speak... it's so incredible! It's amazing to see how the work truly is hastening. 
 
That St. Patrick's day breakfast looked delicious. (: Yum! Oh and Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! I'm wearing the green plaid skirt you sent me, it's perfect (: And it's a great biking skirt, one of the best! I love it, thanks!
 
This week has been awesome! I got all your letters, and they made my whole week :) Thanks so much for sending them. I'm going to write back today, I loved hearing from each of the kids. I'm so glad everything is going well! I would love to hear from Dexter though, would you pass that on to him? Haha thanks :D
 
So this week has flown by! It's been a great one. We've been working so hard to involve members more, and we've passed our all time record of member present lessons, which was awesome. The members here are incredible.
 
T. is doing awesome!! We had exchanges this week, so I was in another area for 24 hours with a different companion. But while I was gone Sis R. and the other sister taught him, and they watched the Restoration video. I guess he felt sooo happy during the entire movie. They asked him if he had prayed about baptism, and he said yes! He said when he prayed about it, he was just filled with happiness and knows it's something he needs to do. He's been such a great missionary with his family too - he always talks with his Mom and sister about the church, and they have loved what he's been sharing with them. His mom just wants him to visit another church once, to make sure he gets a little more exposure to different religions I think. But then he can be baptized! So he is so excited. :D So that was exciting!
 
We also heard from R. this week! We got a text where she apologized for cancelling on us, and she set up an appt for us to talk. She said that she needed to talk about it, and who better to talk to than Heavenly Father's people... it was such a sweet text. <3 Sadly that day she cancelled again... I guess she suffers from pretty severe depression episodes, and her family has been going through some really hard trials this week. But she called us and said that she was going to come to church on Sunday. That was on Thursday. Well, every prayer after that I prayed every single time that she would have enough energy and comfort and strength to come to church and to meet with us again. Sunday morning, we got a phone call that said she was on her way, walking to church! We got to church and she told us that that morning she had woken up, feeling so tired that she didn't even want to get out of bed. She said a prayer, and after she prayed she felt this energy come in her. She was able to get up and out of bed and come to church. It was a miracle. I am so grateful :) She had a wonderful time, and felt the Spirit. I know Heavenly Father answers our prayers! It was so awesome, she was telling some of the ladies in the Relief Society that she is going to be a member soon :D So she won't be getting baptized on March 22nd still, but hopefully soon! She is so incredible. I am just so grateful to be one of the missionaries that helped her come into the gospel. She is so strong, and has so much faith. I wish you guys could meet her. She is amazing! I hope and pray that I'll still be serving here in Maricopa when she gets baptized. We're meeting with her on Tuesday, so we'll set a baptismal date then for sure.
 
We also met with S.! That was scary - we texted asking her if we could come teach her. She texted back saying sure! But I'm not sure if the mormon faith is for me. Ahhh! We went over and it turns out she was talking with her dad, and he talked with her for an hour about all these crazy things about us - have more than one wife, etc. So luckily we were able to meet with her and resolve some of those concerns. So it went well. :) She is amazing. She says she prays all the time now, and she has said it's made her so much happier. Her dad has noticed too, he told her she has this light in her face now. So that was awesome. :)
 
Other then that, this week hasn't been to eventful! Time is so funny in the mission - days are SO long, but the weeks speed by. Before you know it, it's the end of the transfer! Can you believe I've been out almost 4 months now? Crazy!!
 
 
Funny stuff from this week:
 
We had an AWESOME P day!!! Some members gave Sis R. and I a TON of food, and so we had a zone picnic. Played basketball, talked, and.... practiced lassoing!! Yes, it's true. The elders all bought these legit lasso ropes, and a fake cow that they named some funny name I can't remember now... but we all took turns lassoing it haha. I was actually getting kind of good! :D Then Sis S. had Sis R. sit on her shoulders and try it... that was hilarious. And the elders always choose on of the elders to run out in the field, and then they all try to lasso him. Haha it's hilarious. My zone is awesome. :)
 
Oh, and I went to the doctors. It went great! It's kind of crazy... haha but it works. I had my lab work done this week, and they had me fast going in. So I hadn't eaten anything, and they took my blood, and I almost passed out... that was crazy! Luckily I laid down and after that I was fine. :) But I have another appt on Wednesday and I'll be able to get insulin and everthing. So that is worked out, for the most part.
 
I'm so glad you are all doing well. Thanks for keeping me updated on everything.. it's so fun to see home and hear what you guys are doing :) Also keep me updated with Dexter and the Marines and Brittney!
 
I love you guys. So much!! And I hope you are all reading your scriptures every day. This week I've been reading about Moroni, and his epistle to Pahoran. Something that stood out to me was how bold Moroni was! He definitely called the government to repentance, and let them know what was going to happen if they didn't start supporting him and their armies. The thing that stood out to me this time was Pahoran's response. He basically wrote to Moroni that you have chastened me, but I am not angry. He then talked about how important their freedom was to him, and how proud he was of Moroni, and how he was grateful to Moroni for writing him, and how he was going to suppot him. It just stood out to me because of Pahoran's humility. He didn't get offended or angry with that pretty bold letter. Instead, he recognized the truth and the value in it, and they worked together to resolve the problem. I love the lesson of listening and humility in that :)
 
Well, love you all! Can't wait to hear from you next week. :) Thank you for all your prayers and support. (: Hope the sheep and all the animals are doing well too!
 
love,
Sister Whitney Morris

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! :D




Yummy enchiladas! And a tired looking me knockin doors!







We had such a blast :) We also got pretty sunburned, haha.

 






I love the sunsets here! And we ate some delicious enchiladas after my doc apt.





 
 
At the mission president fireside at Arizona State University! That was so awesome! T. is the best. On the way home we played the alphabet game... it was Sister R's first time. After that, she was obsessed. She plays it by herself every time we drive now, haha. She's funny!


 Cute bug

 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment