Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Letter home week of February 10th, 2014




Dear Mommy & Family,
 
Haha, I can't wait till you get the china!! They sent it this week, so it should get there soon (: You can open it and take out the patriotic plates I got for you... there should be two of them. You can admire the rest and repack it if you so desire haha :D That was the best P Day ever!!
 
I love hearing about home! It's so funny, I just love it. Adam's talkative phone calls, low carb diets, clearing skin treatments... I love it haha :D I would love to try that oil stuff! I can't believe how much work everything has been at home, that's so crazy! And VA Beach sounds sooo fun! I'm so glad everything is going well at home (: It's so crazy to think of days of just crocheting, reading, and eating.... and netflix hahaha. That seems like some far off lovely dream (: We work SO hard every day here, I can't believe how unproductive I used to be haha. It's crazy!!
 
So this week has been INCREDIBLE. Oh my goodness. I think I wrote you about I, T, and T? If not, here's the update! 
I. just moved here from San Francisco, and he's so cool! We found him while we were looking for a person from our Bishop. That person had moved away, and I lived there instead now. He said we could come back and teach him. Well, we did! And the lesson went great! This past week we had exchanges, because my comp is a sister training leader, so I led the area. Which basically means I chose the people we looked for/taught/ planned for, and led the lessons in the area. I was so terrified!!! But I started, and once I just started the lesson it just started to come really naturally... and it went great (: I was so happy. Anyways. We taught I about Joseph Smith, and really focused on the apostasy, which he totally believes in. And the Spirit was so strong when we talked about Joseph Smith, and I invited him to be baptized! He said it would be something he's open to, and so we're teaching him more!! He's amazing and SO smart.
 
Then T, is this young teenage boy, probably a little older than Jacob, who is so cool!!! He's the coolest kid I've ever met! He is SO outgoing and friendly, and just has the brightest smile. And he jokes around alot, and just treats people like their his best friend. Anyways, we started teaching him this week too, and we invited him to church! And he came! :) 
 
Then T, we've been teaching for a while, and he's progressing really well. He is also, of course, incredible. He's been reading the Book of Mormon and believes the things we're teaching him... and he also came to church this Sunday (:
 
We saw so many miracles this week!!! First of all, that my leading the area went well, haha. But this past Sunday we spoke in sacrament meeting. We had actually volunteered a few weeks ago, to help the members get more excited and become more integrated with the ward. So we invited I., T., and T. this week to come to church, and they all said they would! (They even said they would before we told them we were speaking. (: ) So Sunday morning, I woke up super early to finish my talk, we did our studies, then we went to T's to walk with him to church. We knock, he opens the door, and I was kind of expecting him to be in his pj's, just woken up.... but to my awesome surprise he opens the door and he's all dressed up neatly in a white shirt and tie and ready to go!! I was the best feeling ever!!! And then he told us that he had invited his sister, and she wanted to come too!!! Most exciting moment of my life!! :D
 
So then we get to church, and socialize, and both I. and T. come too!! And we sit on the stand, and give our talks - I talked about conversion and the Book of Mormon, and how Nephi was converted, vs. how Laman & Lemuel weren't, and how that difference made all the difference in their journey/lives. It went pretty well. Sis R. gave an awesome talk too about testimony (: So the Spirit was so strong... and they all stayed for Sunday School, and that went great too! I. had a ton of comments, and T. texted us later thanking us for inviting him. So it was just incredible. (: It was a day of miracles.
 
Well, that's basically it. There are some funny moments that happened. (:
We've had some awkward moments, of course! Like there's this one guy the missionaries used to teach, but not anymore, but we still say hi to him... so I always wave hi to him, but he NEVER sees me. This one time I wave to him, we're riding our bikes, and I say "Hi P!!!!!!" and as I say it, my bike swerves and almost crashes into Sis R's.... and that's the one time he saw me hahahah. Awkwardddd...

Another time it was night, and we were standing talking to a less active. A man walks by, and he looked exactly like someone we were teaching named D! I say to him excitedly "Oh, hey D!!" And the man looks at me in surprise, walks into the light, and says "Hi!" cheerfully back.... yeah, it wasn't him hahaha. That was so awkward. Sis R. thought it was hilarious :)
Last one, I'm getting a farmers tan already!! On my feet, from my shoes, and my arms... I'm going to be nice and tan when I get home next year, haha, it's not even March yet. Crazy.
 
Well, this week has been fantastic. I love being a missionary. One super cool moment was when I was going to speak. I was SO nervous. But I looked out at the ward, and I., T., T., and his sister C., and I just realized how much I love them. I love them SO much!! It was the purest feeling I've ever felt! And literally every speck of fear inside of me was gone, and it was a moment of perfect peace. Ahhh it was incredible. Right before I went up I got nervous again, but it was an amazing experience. (:
 
Well, I love you all!! Isaac's picture with Shannon and the sombrero is HILARIOUS hahahaha.... I love it. I miss you guys (: Have fun at Mt Vernon and takes tons of pictures for me. Miss and love you so so much :)
 
love,
 
Sister Whitney Morris

 
Lots of pictures this week!!

 
1st - I bought this hair dryer,  because mine broke, at Walmart.... it looked all cool on the packaging.. I opened it, and it looked like a power tool hahaha. Super girly, I know.
 


The one with the swings was last P day. We swung, perfectly happy on this gorgeous day... and when we left. Sis R. turned to me, and said "Sis Morris... I think you sat in bird poo". Dang it!!! So embarassing!!! Hahaha.


 







This is our ward mission leader and his wife, the H's!! We love them SO much. Their amazing!!! And we're going to make a poster for them today, with words out of candy bars. Including Bro H's is a "HUNK" (hunk bar) haha.... their going to get a great laugh out of it (: We're trying to think of a fun one for Sis H too, we'll see what we come up with!




This was at our WML's house, they let us pick out silver and china to send home for after our missions (: It was a blast. So fun!


 
 


 
 
 
 
 
We went to Panda Express, Sis R. opened her fortune cookie, and totally freaked out... her face was a look of surprise and horror hahaha. I asked her what her fortune cookie said, and it said "Your love life will be happy and harmonious...." hahaha we got a kick out of that one. (:
The Moroni is from the Gilbert Temple. Hopefully we get to go this week! 








 
We went to the doctors this week - that was an experience I'll never forget. I'll write home later about it today. But our ward mission leader & his wife took us, and we got pork bbq after (: Not as good as Shaffers, but still delicious!! And that's our zone at our zone meetings, their amazing!
 





 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment