Monday, February 24, 2014

Letter home, Feb 24th 2014

 
 
Dear Family,
 
Awww, the lamb is soooo cute!! It's red!!! Wow that is the funnest thing ever (: Spring is coming, so all the cute baby animals are too... what a sweetheart. That's so sad the one died. But the other one lived! Have you guys named it yet?
I haven't got the Valentines day package yet, but should this Wednesday!! It's probably just sitting at the mission home haha. But transferes are this Wednesday, so they'll pick them up then (: Sis R. and I are staying companions, and staying in Maricopa!! Woot woot!! I am SO happy. I was feeling so sad about maybe leaving, because of all these miracles that are starting to happen... R, T, and some other people we're starting to pick up. So I'm so happy we're both staying :) I'm so excited to see what this transfer brings! Sis A told me about that website! And I met another lady in our stake who said she talked with you haha, did you get her picture too? That was so fun! :) Yeah, that was E and H! They got baptized on Sunday!!!! best day ever. But I'll write more about that later :)
 
That is sooo crazy Isaac is a boyfriend... dinosaur boy haha. Weirdo. ;)
The floor looks so good!! I LOVE it. And yeah, I saw Dexter's tattoo on facebook haha. That's way cool he designed it himself. I was really surprised,  but he's so awesome. He's such a good man!  I love the story he shared with it. He's definitely been through alot... I'm proud of him. He's an awesome brother. :)
 
Well, my week has been fantastic! It's been such a good week! I can hardly remember the beginning of it, but I'll try haha. T, our one investigator dropped us... so that was depressing. But hopefully we planted some really good seeds for the future.
This weekend was awesome!! Yesterday was one of the most stressful, but also one of the greatest days  yet. It was our first baptism, E and H finally got baptized! They were sooo excited and so sweet :) It was crazy, so many things kept going wrong - speakers there in the nick of time, and just so many little things happening all at once - but they all worked out in the last second haha. So it was a great experience. My favorite part was when they got the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Spirit was so strong. <3
 
 






 
That night T came with us to the mission pres fireside too!! It was so awesome! We haven't been able to see him for a while because we sent him a fb message asking if we could come over. We had to get off quick, because our proselyting time was up, so when we didn't answer he snuck into his Mom's phone to tell us we could come over to teach him.... so his Mom is SO happy for us to come over to teach him, but she had to let him know that's not okay. So we set up a time once a week where we'll get to teach him, and he can stiby ll come to church and things we invite him to. Isn't that funny we are teaching someone who does that? We are so blessed to be able to teach him! He's the coolest kid ever!
 
Other then that, this week it feels like a ton of things have happened. But I can't seem to remember too many of them right now, haha. I got my hair cut today :) It's pretty short! I feel like the girl off the movie Hairspray... haha, I love it! A lady in our ward cut it, and she's like a nationally known beautician... she is just the coolest lady ever. She's in the yw presidency, and she has just the funnest personality and is so fun to talk to. And she did a great job!!! It was awesome!
 
 
 
We haven't been able to see R in a while either, so that was disappointing :/ she's going through alot of medical issues so by the end of the day she tells us she's tired. But she's always really nice when we come by... and I think she does sincerely want to know. So please keep her in your prayers.
 
Well, I'm so excited to get your letters! Say hi to EVERYONE for me. (: I love that Adam loves the lambs so much... there is a picture on the cover of a pamphlet that we always use to begin teaching the Restoration to people, just randomly on the street or whenever. We always ask "What do you see in this picture?" And "how do you think that lamb feels?" I thought the second question was cheesy for a bit. But it's true. (: Heavenly Father truly loves us so much. And He wants us to feel like that lamb - safe, secure, loved. Christ can truly give us the strength to face our trials. We don't have to face this life alone, He is always there. (: Like a shepherd watching over his sheep. Isn't that amazing?? I know this gospel is true. (:
 
Well, I love you guys! (: Good luck with everything. I miss you! But there is nowhere else I would rather be right now. Missions are INCREDIBLE. So hard, so much work, and worth every minute of it, every  bike ride and step of the way. I'm so excited for some of the other kids to have that experience too (: It's amazing!!!!
 
Well, love you all! Talk with you next week (:
 
love, Sister Whitney Morris
 
One more cool story I forgot to mention (:
 
My other favorite part of the baptism was our Ward Mission Leader conducting. We LOVE Bro and Sis H!! They are the best. He talked a little in the beginning, because one of the speakers wasn't there yet. But he started talking about transfers - he is brand new, called about two weeks ago - and he was talking about how it's sad that we make friends, and then just get uprooted somewhere else... and he started crying. I just felt so loved. Our ward is incredible. They love us so much, and we love them even more. Sometimes I find myself loving these people so much - the ward, the families we teach- that I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest. It's AMAZING. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father blesses us to feel so much love for these people. It's the best feeling in the world.. I can't even describe it.
 
Also, we were teaching a less active family the other day who lives way out in the desert. They saw two rattlesnakes in their yard!! Crazy huh??? And they have a flock of about 30 quail that run around and live near them... haha, that made me feel like home (: Plus it's a family of a bunch of rambunctious boys, so that just made me feel at home too! I just love them so much already, even though we've only taught them once so far. I can't wait to go back!
 
 
 
 
Okay, that's my other cool stories (: love you!
 
Love,
Sis Whitney Morris
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment