Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dear everyone, as well as Dear Mommy, p.s. (: to the whole family!
Haha, thank you for this email!!! Oh my goodness. I can't believe the weather has been so crazy! Those temperatures sound SO cold. We actually met a family this past week on the street, and when I told her I was from Virginia she told me you were having like 20 below weather. Are all the animals okay? Those pioneer moments in the snow sound like super hard and kind of miserable work, but the kind of hard work that makes you feel really good inside (: So that's awesome! I feel like a wimp... totally wearing my black winter coat in 60 degree weather hahaha. The days have already started getting a bit hot here, where the heat starts to drain you, but the nights still get pretty chilly. (As in a November day in Virginia). So, basically, I'm going to be an icicle when I get off my mission!! I'm turning into a worse wimp with cold than I was before haha, if that's even possible.
 
New Years sounds fun! We just came home an hour early, because nobody wants to talk to us while their partying or whatever, so we updated our area books for an hour, and then bedtime and planning as normal. Not too exciting (: I can't believe 2014 is here already. When I thought of going home in July 2015, it always sounded so far away. Now it seems like it's close, and it's already coming too fast haha! I hit my one month in the field already, on Jan 3rd. Pretty crazy!! It's going so fast!
 
Peter's (new word) "yoscany" was SO funny!!! Awww he's so adorable! Oh man, and the sheepsquatch... I was literally laughing soooo hard in the library, and felt quite silly haha, but those are so hilarious. What are the chances haha. It's so good to have my family's weird and hilarious humor, even so far away from home (: Those were the best hahaha. Did Isaac get my hashtag letter yet? Just for him. Also the funny duck stickers. I saw those and knew I had to send them to you all.
 
Thanks so much for the Christmas package! I got it a few days ago, the ward one. Everyone was so kind to send all that yummy food, homemade cookies (: (: , and nutrasweet and sugar free jam!!! Yay!!! And peppermint herb tea!!! You know me so well (:
 
Life in Maricopa this week has been... well, amazing, because it's missionary life ha. But also kind of hard. L. and her children are amazing!! We love them so much. But her husband is still gone, and won't be back except for a weekend in February that she knows of, and he doesn't want them deciding anything about church until he gets back. Sooo they didn't come to church, and won't be getting baptized anytime soon :( If the kids want to go to church they'll still go. And we can still meet with them and teach them. So that's good. It was so sad, because we love them and L. knows her children need it, but we'll be patient and pray and pray and pray, and just keep meeting with them and helping them strengthen their knowledge and gain their own testimonies, so please keep them in your prayers!
 
We had a cool experience helping one of our investigators...some of the members got together and got some propane and candles for her, and one member owns a Coldstones so he was able to give us a free ice cream bday cake which we brought for her, which was awesome :)
 
One of her daughters is so funny!! The other day she showed us a ring. She said "Look at my new ring sisters!!" I said "Wow, that's so cool!" She said "Yeah, I know. I named it Mormon." My comp and I looked at each other, and I asked her "Why did you name it that?" She laughed and said "I don't know! I just miss going to church". And then she got the saddest look on her face!!! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen haha. She's always outside on her bike, and always talks and talks with us. She's a cutie.
 
We also met with J. and his wife again. They're amazing. He is SO analytical, and always really thinks about and ponders and analyzes everything! He says he knows the Book of Mormon is true, because it makes sense, and he feels good when he reads it. But he's not sure where that path is going to take him yet. He knows what we want for him - be baptized, join the church - but he's just a really slow mover. His wife sat in on the lesson again though - yay!!! - and she shared with us how he's such a slow mover that it will probably take him a long time to decide. I have so much faith that he'll get there though. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know as he studies it, and as he prays about it, if he continues to do so he will receive those answers and will know what God wants him to do, and that this is His Church.
 
That's pretty much the updates here. It was a disappointing week, none of our investigators came to church... sigh. Hopefully we'll be having two baptisms this Sunday - which is amazing! - but it's  been really hard to get a hold of the family, so we'll see. We're going to do our best to help them make it happen though. Pray for us!
 
Thanks so much for all your support and love. I LOVE hearing from home (: It makes me so happy. Just know I love being a missionary!! And just know my testimony has grown so much. I truly know for myself that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know He knows our name, and what we are going through. He knows how to help us and strengthen us. He has strengthened and comforted me. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, that God called him to restore His gospel because He loves us. Heavenly Father wants all of His children to have those blessings.
 
I love all of you!!! Mommy, Dad, Dexter, Isaac, Jacob, Adam, Peter, and Hannah!!! I think of you all and am so proud of you (: And I challenge all of you to find a way to share the gospel with someone this week. It's so easy - just opening your mouth and sharing how something has helped you in a hard time, or invite someone to come to an activity. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass! I know that is true!
 
Love you! :)
 
love,
Sister Whitney Morris
 
 
I took like zero pictures this week.... so last night I took some of the delicious cookies we ate. And of us eating them. notice the wonderful mission shirt (: (Thanks so much!)
The couple we live with are INCREDIBLE. I love them so much. The husband has cancer, and so they've been having such a hard time. I can't even imagine. But they have such a postitive attitude, and never complain. It inspires me!
 
 
 
A member made these- they're so beautiful! And delicious!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment